:: Re: [DNG] No sound after upgrading …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: al3xu5
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] No sound after upgrading to daedalus
Hi

Tue, 29 Aug 2023 13:27:17 +0100 - Marjorie Roome via Dng <dng@???>:

> I use pulseaudio on Chimaera and after I upgraded to Daedalus it is
> still there and working as before.
>
> I see that the pipewire packages are installed too, though like you,
> I'm not using it.
>
> Speaker-test works as intended and produces white-noise.
>
> I suspect there is some meta-package (DM?) logic that insists that you
> have either pulseaudio or pipewire:

May be some gnome-* package you have in your system has pipewire and|or
pulseaudio dependencies.

More, you might have apt configured to consider recommended packages as
dependencies... and this could prevent unistalling pipewire and|or
pulseaudio... If so, to change this you can edit

/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/00norecommends

to have:

APT::Install-Recommends "false";
APT::Get::Install-Recommends "false";

> I would be useful to know what has happened for those other users who
> only had Alsa before upgrade - I've not seem any reports of the same
> problem even though this seems to b a popular choice on Devuan.

Recently I did a Daedalus + LXDE fresh installation. I have only alsa here
and no pulseaudio or pipewire here: having Install-Recommends "false", I could
uninstall pulseaudio (do not remember if pipewire was installed and I
uninstalled it...)

Also, I did an upgrade from chimaera: same result.

$ aptitude search pipe* | grep ^i
i A libpipeline1 - libreria di manipolazione delle pipeline dei processi Unix
i A libpipewire-0.3-0 - librerie per il server multimediale PipeWire
i A libpipewire-0.3-common - librerie per il server multimediale PipeWire -
file comuni i A python3-pip-whl - installatore di pacchetti Python (wheel pip)

$ aptitude search pulse* | grep ^i
i apulse - emulazione di PulseAudio per ALSA
i A libpulse0 - librerie client PulseAudio
i libsox-fmt-pulse - libreria SoX per I/O in formato PulseAudio

$ aptitude search alsa* | grep ^i
i alsa-oss - wrapper ALSA per applicazioni OSS
i A alsa-topology-conf - file di configurazione per topologia ALSA
i A alsa-ucm-conf - file di configurazione per ALSA Use Case Manager
i A alsa-utils - utilità per configurare e usare ALSA
i alsamixergui - mixer grafico audio per driver ALSA per la scheda audio
i alsaplayer-alsa - modulo di output di alsaplayer per ALSA
i alsaplayer-common - riproduttore audio (file comuni)
i alsaplayer-gtk - interfaccia Gtk per alsaplayer
i alsaplayer-jack - modulo di output di alsaplayer per JACK
i alsaplayer-oss - modulo di output di alsaplayer per OSS
i alsaplayer-text - interfaccia testuale per alsaplayer
i gstreamer1.0-alsa - plugin GStreamer per ALSA
i libsox-fmt-alsa - libreria SoX per I/O in formato alsa
i A libzita-alsa-pcmi0 - C++ wrapper around the ALSA API
i volumeicon-alsa - icona nel vassoio di sistema del volume per alsa

> I would also like to find out how to reversibly try out pipewire in
> place of pulseaudio, since I seem to have both installed.

Seems you should be able to uninstall both...

I would investigate to find if some gnome-* package in your system has
pipewire and|or pulseaudio dependencies (also avoiding recommended packages
being treated as dependencies).

Regards
alexus

--
Property is theft! (P-J Proudhon) -- True today more than ever.

Public GPG/PGP key: 8FC2 3121 2803 86E9 F7D8 B624 DA50 835B 2624 A36B