著者: o1bigtenor
CC: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] DNS problem help request
On Sun, Aug 27, 2023 at 5:20 PM tito via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Aug 2023 16:00:46 -0500
> o1bigtenor via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> > > I do not like connman.
> > >
> > > connman maintains its own DNS cache.
> > > I have found no method to delete its cache.
> > > I ran into troule with this while attempting to update my Devian system.
> > > t seems the round-robin choice of Devuan package repositiry mirrors happened to choose a dud mirror.
> > > So the update failed.
> > > I think -- no problem. I just need to try the upgrade again and I'll likely get a new random mirror.
> > > But connman's cache just gave me the same IP number again. It figure it already knew it.
> > >
> > > The only remedy was to edut /etc/resolv.conf to refer explicitly to some DNS resolver other than 127.0.0.1, such as 1.1.1.1 oe 8.8.8.8 ...
> > >
> > > When I do this upgrading works again, connman's DNS is bypassed, and (puzzling) my system's printer discovery stops working.
> > >
> > > I do not like connman.
> > >
> > OK - - - I found, previously, that network-manager - - - imo anyway,
> > wasn't wonderful, before that
> > it was wicd - - - now I'm seeing that connman is also a royal pita - -
> > - - what's left - - - - I can
> > only find IWCtl - - - - is there a good alternative?
> >
> > Suggestions - - - - ?
>
> /etc/network/interfaces ?

source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

further weirdness this morning. Ping tests have displayed a large variability
(20 to just over 100 ms) when normal is in the low 20 ms range.
Then trying to test the connection testmy net just stalls on the upload test
- - - won't download (I think its a MB of random info) - - - where speedtest
works sorta OK - - - - that's on firefox-esr. Then using Brave (browser) or
Vivaldi everything seems to test OK (if a touch light on the download speed).

ISP tells me that there are no issues on their end. (Not sure I believe them
as they've been wonderful in the male bovine excrement department.

Don't know what to do or even what to ask about anymore - - - this is just
general weirdness!!!