:: Re: [DNG] News about Devuan 5 on th…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: sawbona
À: tito via Dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] News about Devuan 5 on the web.
Hello:

On 25 Aug 2023 at 21:42, tito via Dng wrote:

> ... news about devuan 5 on the web:

Yes.

Citing my post on Dev1:

---

I am of those that think that itis better to be talked about than
ignored, but ...

Liam Proven wrote:

> Devuan is a hard distro to summarize.

> On the one hand, the sort of xNix graybeard who favours Debian is
> also exactly the sort of curmudgeon who harbors grave concern about
> systemd, so it's good that there's an option.

> On the other hand, it's bad that it split the already understaffed
> Debian developer community.

I'll just hold my thoughts and go make me a cuppa.

---

Hard to summarise?

Summarise *this*:

For being part of the staff of a well known IT publication, the
extent of Liam Proven's bias against Devuan and any other non-systemd
OS is really astonishing.

Best,

JHM