:: Re: [DNG] A very special thumbs up …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] A very special thumbs up . . .
Manfred Wassmann via Dng said on Fri, 25 Aug 2023 06:07:20 +0000

>On Fri, Aug 25, 2023 at 1:24 AM golinux <golinux@???> wrote:
>>
>> Greetings everybody!
>>
>> Here's a special post on the Dev1Galaxy forum:
>>
>> https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=5910
>>
>> After all that work, the appreciation is much appreciated! Thanks
>> Bruce!!!
>
>I well remember the good old Debian days when he was leading the
>project ... and that were the good old Linux days, before the dark
>side started poettering with it to take it over. Yes, thanks Bruce for
>all you've done for Debian and now Devuan.

Exactly! Around the turn of the century they were the project dedicated
to producing a solid, working Free Software operating system.

However, by the time I switched from Ubuntu to Debian in early 2014,
Debian was an obnoxious slime pile with mailing list debian-user being a
mosh-pit of personal insults, and an elite ruling class gaming their
constitution to solidify their hegemony. Then came their
kangaroo-court adoption of systemd.

Now Devuan has taken the mantle of a solid, working Free Software
operating system. Thanks to Bruce for publicizing this fact!

SteveT