:: Re: [DNG] Question for those in the…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: sawbona
A: o1bigtenor
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Question for those in the know
Hello:

On 21 Aug 2023 at 15:30, o1bigtenor via Dng wrote:

> ... very very interesting.

Fortunately it was only *that*.

> ... had a couple of different lives under Debian ...
> ... quite connected with erlang.

Ahh ...

> ... did NOT want to uninstall using apt.
> ... rm -r nuking its base location.
> ... only then would apt remove xxxx and apt purge xxxxx work.

Probably because it was *not* installed with APT in the first place.
Or maybe something else.
Other much more knowledgeable than I will be able to chime in.
I don't have a clue about anything much.

> ... seemed to be connected to systemd.

In the end, truth always finds the light.

> ... found that using the upgrade program that I had used to get to
> chimaera had left me a present that I had to dig out so that
> chimaera was 'locked out'.

Pray tell, just what upgrade program was that?

Got it from the devuan repositories?

> System is upgrading as I write.

Do let us know how you fared with this.

Best,