:: [devuan-dev] bug#776: bug#776: low-…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Mark Hindley
A: Kristopher John Gamrat, 776
Assumpte: [devuan-dev] bug#776: bug#776: low-memory-monitor missing init script
Control: merge 775 -1
Control: tags -1 debian

On Mon, Aug 21, 2023 at 06:30:09AM +0000, Kristopher John Gamrat wrote:

> Package: low-memory-monitor
> Version: 2.1-1
>
> When installing low-memory-monitor on Devuan 5.0 "Daedalus", apt-get produces
> an error message related to a missing init
> script /etc/init.d/low-memory-monitor . As the Debian package contains a
> systemd .service file and Devuan lacks systemd, I am assuming this should be
> filed here on the Devuan bug tracker and that a init.d equivalent of
> the .service file needs to be written. Here is the output from apt-get:

A quick look suggests this package has never had a initscript. It is also not
forked and Devuan uses Debian's package directly without recompilation.

IN the first instance, the best solution would be to write a working initscript
and submit that with the report to Debian. Non-system init is still possible in
Debian and this would provide the widest coverage and benefit.

Do you have a working initscript?

Thanks

Mark