:: Re: [DNG] Question for those in the…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Dan Purgert
A: Devuan ML
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Question for those in the know
On Aug 21, 2023, o1bigtenor via Dng wrote:
> Greetings
>
> Had a power outage on Saturday and my UPS died very quickly - - - was
> watching what was in the kill queue - - - found something that seemed
> to not like being told to stop.
>
> Ejabberd refused to die for over 2 minutes.
>
> What in the sam snot does ejebberd actually do on a desktop?

It's a jabber/xmpp chat server. Presumably, you installed it on your
desktop for testing (or accidentally when you thought you were ssh'd
into a VPS... which has been known to happen).

> Do I have to have it?

Presumably, since you seem to be surprised it's installed, no. However,
if you have been actively using that jabber/xmpp service ... might want
to triple-check you're running the server where you think you are before
you go and nuke it :)

--
|_|O|_|