:: Re: [DNG] Ansible on Devuan
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Tomasz Kundera
À: wirelessduck
CC: Dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Ansible on Devuan
I use ansible on chimaera now (previously ascii and beowulf) with a lot of
different systems as clients (debian, devuan, ubuntu, RH, Suse, ...). No
big issues so far. Sometimes some bugs as always (for example there was a
version with a broken user creation module). For many tasks the version
from repo is enough. If you need newer features or if there is a python
compatibility problem (it depends on python) it is easy to install ansible
with pip.
Alternatives are more complicated in use as they need an agent software.
For ansible the only requirements for the client are an installed python
and an ssh access to an account with root permissions (direct or sudo).
Basic ansible scripts (called playbooks) are extremely easy to learn.

Disadvantage: it is based on python with common python problems: version
incompatibility (not often) and (sometime) low accuracy or even misleading
error messages.

My only concern is: it is maintained by RH...