:: Re: [DNG] system update
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Arnt Karlsen
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] system update
On Tue, 15 Aug 2023 17:48:08 -0500, o1bigtenor wrote in message
<CAPpdf59hp=jPvG=--pr7hU1WJib59drcDKS1QpbwPAp5p+LSOw@???>:

> Greetings
>
> I've been running Daedalus since I installed it (quite a while ago
> now).
>
> Would like to update to 'Excalibur' (IIRC).

..join and help make it happen, should take a year of hard or
smart work, smartness helps ease the hard part of the work...

> Do I do that by changing the 'name' in my apt sources file and then do
> a dist-upgrade?

..yep. You can do it now, if you are okay with new stuff crashing your
test machine park, for daily drivers or production machines you need up
24/7, keep them on known stable releases until you are confident they,
and you, are ready for the dist-upgrade dance on your 24/7 machines.

> (maybe there is a page on this somewhere - - - if so - - - a url
> please - - - - (I've been looking and haven't found anything to
> date).)

..until the Daedalus part is written, the
"Upgrade or Migrate to Chimaera" etc part of:
https://www.devuan.org/os/install and:
https://www.devuan.org/os/releases ...
should give you the general idea of how
dist-upgrade should work on any new release.

> Many thanks for the work on the distro to the dev team!!!

..hear, hear, hear!!! :o)

Scenarios always come in sets of three: