:: Re: [DNG] I understand why a lot of…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] I understand why a lot of people don't help or report issues.
Antony Stone said on Sun, 13 Aug 2023 20:46:43 +0200

>On Sunday 13 August 2023 at 18:18:45, Ken Dibble wrote:

>> Doesn't this just kind of prove the premise?
>>
>> That there are too many inconsistencies, poor documentation and
>> arcane knowledge for the typical user to be bothered trying to wade
>> through?

[snip]

>My only other comment along these lines is that if you choose to use
>Devuan on your computer then you're automatically taking on the role
>of a sysadmin, even if it's only for one machine, for private use, and
>not for 100 machines for your employer, and being a sysadmin is not a
>trivial job.
>
>People who don't want that level of involvement and learning about
>their computers use Windows and MacOS.

The preceding is gratuitously insulting and is just not fair. Like most
software, Debian/Devuan's documentation can be ambiguous. How can he
admin if the docs either aren't revealing or are ambiguous or are just
plain wrong. This is a problem in most software.

SteveT

Steve Litt