:: [DNG] using gdisk on external HD
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Haines Brown
To: dng
Oggetto: [DNG] using gdisk on external HD
My host machine is already manually partitioned GPT, but I'm having
trouble partitioning an extermal HD on which I am installing LFS. I
run #gdisk /dev/sdd on this external HD. It scans its partition table
and reports that MBR is protective and GPT is present. This is correct
I believe.

I issue the n command to create a partition on the target HD and press
ENT to accept its being partion 2. Next I size it by using the
{+-}size{KMGTP} option. I enter +5G for this partition, but doing so
has no effect and gdisk hencefortrh acccpts no other commands. I am
left no choice but to kill the terminal.

What am I doing wronig?

--

     Haines Brown