:: Re: [DNG] runit setup
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: tito
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] runit setup
On Sat, 12 Aug 2023 12:03:57 +0200
Didier Kryn <kryn@???> wrote:

> Le 06/08/2023 à 22:59, aitor a écrit :
> >
> > Hi Manfred,
> >
> > On 6/8/23 21:14, Manfred Wassmann via Dng wrote:
> >> Why? Interfaces don't need not be up to be able to get information. Try
> >> # ifconfig eth0 down
> >> # ifconfig eth0
> >> and
> >> # ip -a link show
> > Yes, you're write. And I was wrong.
> >
> > Although `ifconfig` no longer exists in daedalus and `iproute` shows nothing,
> > `ip link` does show the required info. Now I can't remember which commands
> > failed for me trying to solve time ago the delay caused by ifupdown.
>

>     The problem is with ifpu -a, when both eth0 and wlan0 have an "auto
> ... up" stanza and no cable is plugged in eth0.
>
>     Because all is processed sequentially, eth first, and therefore
> wlan0 is put up only after eth0 has timed out. This is solved if you
> install ifplugd and remove the "auto" stanza of eth0.
>
> --     Didier

Hi,
this could be worked around by setting e.g for eth1:

#allow-hotplug eth1
iface eth1 inet manual
        pre-up /sbin/ip link set $IFACE up
      up /sbin/dhclient -nw -4 -v -i -pf /run/dhclient.$IFACE.pid -lf /var/lib/dhcp/dhclient.$IFACE.leases -I -df /var/lib/dhclient6.$IFACE.leases $IFACE
        pre-down /sbin/dhclient -r -4 -v -i -pf /run/dhclient.$IFACE.pid -lf /var/lib/dhcp/dhclient.$IFACE.leases -I -df /var/lib/dhclient6.$IFACE.leases $IFACE
      down /sbin/ip link set $IFACE down

That way network setup will go on without waiting for timeout.

Ciao,
Tito