:: Re: [DNG] runit setup
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] runit setup
Le 06/08/2023 à 22:59, aitor a écrit :

> Hi Manfred,
>
> On 6/8/23 21:14, Manfred Wassmann via Dng wrote:
>> Why? Interfaces don't need not be up to be able to get information. Try
>> # ifconfig eth0 down
>> # ifconfig eth0
>> and
>> # ip -a link show
> Yes, you're write. And I was wrong.
>
> Although `ifconfig` no longer exists in daedalus and `iproute` shows nothing,
> `ip link` does show the required info. Now I can't remember which commands
> failed for me trying to solve time ago the delay caused by ifupdown.

    The problem is with ifpu -a, when both eth0 and wlan0 have an "auto
... up" stanza and no cable is plugged in eth0.

    Because all is processed sequentially, eth first, and therefore
wlan0 is put up only after eth0 has timed out. This is solved if you
install ifplugd and remove the "auto" stanza of eth0.

--     Didier