:: [DNG] Which qemu version is shipped…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Mario Marietto
À: Mario Marietto via Dng
Sujet: [DNG] Which qemu version is shipped by default with devuan 3 ?
Hello to everyone.

I need to install a version of qemu less than 5.0 on my devuan for armhf on
my ARM Chromebook,because it is needed if I want that kvm works in
combination with it,as stated here :

>From https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2020-09/msg02074.html

We deprecated the support for KVM on 32-bit Arm hosts in time
for release 5.0, which means that our deprecation policy allows
us to drop it in release 5.2. Remove the code.

At the moment I'm using devuan 4 and I see that it has qemu 5.2 as default
and it's not good. So,I have two options :

1) to install devuan 3 on the sd card (if it is shipped with qemu less than
5.0)

2) to use devuan 4 ; in this case,I need to recompile qemu less than 5.0
from source code.

Which option do you prefer ? thanks.

--
Mario.