:: Re: [DNG] New goodies from systemd
Góra strony
Autor: aitor
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] New goodies from systemd
Hi,

On 8/8/23 5:56, wirelessduck--- via Dng wrote:

> I think runit lacks the features to handle "oneshot" services.
> ie. something that runs once on startup and then exits, unlike regular
> daemons where runit will start it up and restart it if it crashes/stops.

Oneshot services are possible in runit because you can run a normally downed service with `sv once`.
We can find examples of such services in /etc/init.d/networking (ifupdown) or /etc/init.d/x11-common.
Not really idempotent operations, as opposed to respawns or long running daemons that usually consist
of some idle loop monitoring signals, file descriptors, etc... via system calls like select, poll,
epoll an the like.

Cheers,

Aitor.