:: Re: [DNG] New goodies from systemd
Góra strony
Autor: Lorenz
Dla: al3xu5
CC: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] New goodies from systemd
Il giorno lun 7 ago 2023 alle ore 10:58 al3xu5 via Dng <dng@???>
ha scritto

> And here comes the question: which is the "right" init I should choose
> *now* when doing a fresh (Daedalus) installation?

You should choose the one that best fits your needs, given the sets of
features
that each available init provides.
example: if you want declarative services the only choice is openrc, while
if you prefer
shell scripts you can choose sysvinit or runit;
if you need service supervision your choice is runit and openrc; if you
want cgrups by default
on all services choose openrc.
If you don't know what I'm talking about or don't really care, choose
sysvinit as it's the most
simple and tested alternative availabe right now.

Lorenzo