:: Re: [DNG] runit setup
Top Pagina
Auteur: aitor
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] runit setup
Hi Manfred,

On 6/8/23 21:14, Manfred Wassmann via Dng wrote:
> Why? Interfaces don't need not be up to be able to get information. Try
> # ifconfig eth0 down
> # ifconfig eth0
> and
> # ip -a link show

Yes, you're write. And I was wrong.

Although `ifconfig` no longer exists in daedalus and `iproute` shows nothing,
`ip link` does show the required info. Now I can't remember which commands
failed for me trying to solve time ago the delay caused by ifupdown.

At this point, it comes to my mind another posix function:

https://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man3/if_nameindex.3.html

that I'm using in simple-netaid to get the names of the network devices (line 57):

https://git.devuan.org/aitor_czr/libnetaid/src/branch/master/interfaces.c

in order to find additional information (i.e, wired/wireless) in the sysfs afterward.

Cheers,

Aitor.