著者: aitor
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] runit setup
Hi Manfred,

On 6/8/23 17:53, Manfred Wassmann via Dng wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 6, 2023 at 10:53 AM aitor<aitor_czr@???> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 6/8/23 12:35, Manfred Wassmann via Dng wrote:
>>
>> Reinventing the wheel? You could just run /sbin/ifconfig to get the
>> available network interfaces. That is standard on unices and thus
>> portable.
>>
>> As far as I know, ifconfig has been deprecated.
> It's part of the Posix standard so unless you're poettering won't go away
> plus on Linux you also have ip from iproute2 as an alternative since
> kernel version 2.2 and ...

Poettering? ;~)

I have in mind to use the given code to setup my `/etc/network/interfaces` during
the first boot.

In a very early stage during the boot process none of those -Posix or non Posix-
tools will work because network interfaces are still down or receiving packets.
Do you remember the boot delay caused by ifupdown waiting for network?

>> What's the incentive for a dependency on a new tool?
>>
>> Because these commands may or may not work depending on the started services.
> ... if your init system or service breaks such essential tools you
> should fix it there IMHO

Read above.

Cheers,

Aitor.