:: Re: [DNG] Progress so far on runit …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: al3xu5
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Progress so far on runit scripts
Hi Steve

Sat, 5 Aug 2023 18:16:34 -0400 - Steve Litt <slitt@???>:

> [...]

> I've come up with 294 daemon names.
> [...]
> this email contains the list so somebody can pick up where I
> left off.
>
> ================================
> [...]
> rt-hwtimers
> rtirq
> rt-pcilatency
> rt-swtimers
> [...]

These rt* daemons are related to real time audio setups.

rtirq by Rui Nuno Capela [1] is a startup script for realtime-preempt
enabled kernels which allows to make use of the threaded IRQs as used by
real-time kernels or kernels >= 2.6.39 with the threadirqs kernel option
enabled. It is used in some realtime audio setups, so I guess there are
people interested that the rtirq script also works with runit.
[1] https://github.com/rncbc/rtirq

rt-hwtimers, rt-pcilatency, rt-swtimers (see code below) are startup
script I wrote as optimizations for my RT DAW (Real Time Digital Audio
Workstation) setup ... So I think you can remove them from the list.

If it can be of interest for someone here is the code:

~~~
#!/bin/bash
#
# /etc/init.d/rt-hwtimers
#
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:          rt-hwtimers
# Required-Start:    $syslog
# Should-Start:
# Required-Stop:     $syslog
# Should-Stop:
# Default-Start:     2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop:      0 1 6
# Short-Description: Hardware timers realtime tuning
### END INIT INFO
case $1 in
start)
    # hpet max-user-freq
    echo 3072 >/sys/class/rtc/rtc0/max_user_freq
    # 'audio' group permissions on hpet
    chmod 660 /dev/hpet /dev/rtc0
    chgrp audio /dev/hpet /dev/rtc0
    ;;
esac
exit 0
~~~

~~~
#!/bin/bash
#
# /etc/init.d/rt-pcilatency
#
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:          rt-pcilatency
# Required-Start:    $syslog
# Should-Start:
# Required-Stop:     $syslog
# Should-Stop:
# Default-Start:     2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop:      0 1 6
# Short-Description: PCI latency-timer realtime tuning
### END INIT INFO
case $1 in
start)
    # latency-timer for all the PCI devices
    setpci -v -s "*:*.*" latency_timer=b0
    # latency-timer for the PCI soundcard (address: 04:05.0)
    # NOTE: You MUST change soundcard address as for your setup
    setpci -v -s 04:05.0 latency_timer=ff
    ;;
esac
exit 0
~~~

~~~
#!/bin/bash
#
# /etc/init.d/rt-swtimers
#
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:          rt-swtimers
# Required-Start:    $syslog
# Should-Start:
# Required-Stop:     $syslog
# Should-Stop:
# Default-Start:     2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop:      0 1 6
# Short-Description: Load 'snd-hrtimer' kernel module
### END INIT INFO
case $1 in
start)
    # modprobe 'snd-hrtimer'
    modprobe snd-hrtimer
    ;;
esac
exit 0
~~~

Regards
al3xu5

--
Property is theft! (P-J Proudhon) ...today more than ever.

Public GPG/PGP key: 8FC2 3121 2803 86E9 F7D8 B624 DA50 835B 2624 A36B