:: Re: [DNG] New goodies from systemd
Top Pagina
Auteur: Martin Steigerwald
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] New goodies from systemd
Steve Litt - 06.08.23, 08:53:02 CEST:
> :-) I'm more confused than ever. But there's plenty of time to learn
>
> the design philosophy behind these (presumably) shellscripts while
> building run scripts for the obvious ones.

Yeah, I suggest starting with the obvious ones. The corner cases and
thinks like that… could be done later.

Lorenzo wrote he focussed on services, not on system initialization. I
expect system initialization to be hard to get right on all the kinds of
systems Debian and Devuan are used on. So trying to runit-ify
initialization could introduce quite a bit of interesting bugs on
certain system configurations.

Best,
--
Martin