:: Re: [DNG] Then Ian Jacksons Blog Po…
Góra strony
Autor: Olaf Meeuwissen
Dla: Manfred Wassmann
CC: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] Then Ian Jacksons Blog Post is all FUD (was Re: init scripts)
Hi,

Manfred Wassmann via Dng <dng@???> writes:

> On Fri, Aug 4, 2023 at 11:57 AM tito via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>
>> You can install another init with systemd running and reboot to it.
>> OTOH you can remove sysvinit with dpkg more easily and end
>> with a removed pid 1. Tested.
>
> Then you should probably go to Ian Jackson's Blog at
> diziet.dreamwidth.org, which initially spurred this thread[1], and
> notify him about that. He surely will be delighted if a real insider
> points out his whole story of needing to hack the install process to
> be able to replace systemd in Debian and how to do it was nothing but
> an excuse to post some Anti-Devuan-FUD.
>
> [1] https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20230721.011329.adaba746.en.html

In my understanding of Ian's post, the point was to install Debian with
an init other than systemd from within the installer. So your freshly
installed system has never had systemd installed on it.

What you and tito are talking about is cleaning up after the "harm" has
been done. That's a different story.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen