:: Re: [DNG] Thanks for the daemon nam…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: al3xu5
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Thanks for the daemon names
Sat, 5 Aug 2023 15:06:49 -0400 - Steve Litt <slitt@???>:

> Thanks to al3xu5, JHM/altoid, Marjorie Roome and Hendrik Boom for your
> lists of daemon names. Today I'll put them into one list.

Out of my curiosity - even hoping that it may be useful or that it may be
of some interest - I did some research on the state of runit and s6 in
other distro.

The main distros that offer runit seems to be Antix (SysV and runit),
Artix (Dinit, OpenRC, runit and s6) and Void (runit only). Obarun has s6
only.

-- Antix (which is Debian based) has runit editions, providing service
files via custom-built packages (antiX-22 and antiX-23) [1]

-- If I understood correctly, Artix (which is based on Arch Linux)
distribute a `<package>-runit` corresponding to `<package>` when a runit
service is required. In the repositories there are over 160 of those
packages [2]. Perhaps it could be a useful resource.

-- Void (independently-developed) has only runit to run system services and
daemons. Looking at the current live iso [3], /etc/sv has:
acpid
agetty-console
agetty-generic
agetty-hvc0
agetty-hvsi0
agetty-serial
agetty-tty1
agetty-tty2
agetty-tty3
agetty-tty4
agetty-tty5
agetty-tty6
agetty-ttyAMA0
agetty-ttyS0
agetty-ttyUSB0
alsa
brltty
dhcpcd
dhcpcd-eth0
dmeventd
espeakup
ip6tables
iptables
lvmetad
mdadm
sshd
sulogin
udevd
uuidd
wpa_supplicant

-- Obarun (which also is based on Arch) has s6 only [4], with a lot of
services handled [5]

Hoping this information can help somehow.

Regards
al3xu5

[1]
https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/info-on-sysvinit-vs-runit-where-can-it-be-found/page/2/#post-102380
[2]
https://gitea.artixlinux.org/packages?sort=alphabetically&q=-runit&language=
[3]
https://repo-de.voidlinux.org/live/current/void-live-x86_64-20230628-base.iso
[4] https://web.obarun.org/ [5] https://repo.obarun.org/observice/

--
Property is theft! (P-J Proudhon) ...today more than ever.

Public GPG/PGP key: 8FC2 3121 2803 86E9 F7D8 B624 DA50 835B 2624 A36B