:: Re: [DNG] Thanks for the daemon nam…
Top Pagina
Auteur: tito
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Thanks for the daemon names
On Sat, 5 Aug 2023 15:06:49 -0400
Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks to al3xu5, JHM/altoid, Marjorie Roome and Hendrik Boom for your
> lists of daemon names. Today I'll put them into one list.
>
> One of you had the following daemon names, which I don't understand:
>
> .depend.boot
> .depend.start
> .depend.stop
>
> Does anybody know what those are?
>
> Thanks,
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt
> Autumn 2022 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore/thrive.htm

INSSERV(8)    System Manager's Manual                                                 INSSERV(8)

NAME
       insserv - boot sequence organizer using LSB init.d script dependency information

/etc/init.d/.depend.boot,
/etc/init.d/.depend.start,
/etc/init.d/.depend.stop
The make(1) like dependency files produced by insserv for booting, starting, and stopping with the help of startpar(1).

Ciao,
Tito