:: Re: [DNG] init scripts
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Rainer Weikusat
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] init scripts
altoid via Dng <dng@???> writes:

[...]

> Even if people outside Debian actually manage to work their way
> inside/around it, find possible loopholes, etc. (the theme of the
> post that started all these threads/posts), all that *will* come to
> an end when Debian devs finally close all possibilities of success.

[...]

> My view is that Devuan should follow the basic Linux philosophy (do
> one thing and do it well) and concentrate all its efforts on its
> survival.
>
> Nothing else.
>
> In my view, that means quickly deciding on *one* init sytem and
> concentrate *all* efforts on making absolutely sure that it can/will
> work on *any* Debian release.

init is a program and not a system-of-anything. As ardent M$-fans, the
systemd clowns try to utilize the exact same kind of "Nothing can stop
our mighty juggernaut!" propaganda their idols also employed for a
really long time. They might start to have a point once their
anencephalus has become a proprietary product of RedHat, which is
presumably going to happen shortly after it has been secretly bought by
Daryl McBride. Until then, systemd is just a C program and completely at
the mercy of everyone who can work with the source. If I want it to
print "I'm not worthy to run on this system!" and transparently execute
sysvinit (the program) instead, then, I will do this.

Every technical problem has a technical solution and systemd is also
just a program.