:: Re: [DNG] New goodies from systemd
Góra strony
Autor: Lehel Bernadt
Dla: Olaf Meeuwissen
CC: dng, lorenzo
Temat: Re: [DNG] New goodies from systemd
Hi Olaf,

On Thu, Aug 03, 2023 at 08:50:21PM +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:

>Just to get the full picture, did you install runit-init? Other runit
>related packages?

The packages I currently have installed are runit, runit-helper and
runit-init.

>That's https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1033542. It's
>been addressed in runit-service 0.6.0 but that is unfortunately only
>available from Debian's experimental at the moment. Here's hoping this
>migrates to sid and is included in the next point release for stable.

Having other conceptual issues with runit-services, I have uninstalled it
afterwards - one of the reasons I didn't act like a "good netizen" and file a bug
report.

>Even ifupdown starts a DHCP client daemon to get and renew your DHCP
>lease when necessary. BTW, ifupdown recommends isc-dhcp-client over
>just any old dhcp-client. Looks like you opted for dhcpcd.

Regarding dhcpcd, I've found it less prone to problems across multiple setups
than isc-dhcp-client. You are right that ifupdown starts up a daemon, that's
why I was bewildered by seeing another instance to appear without my assistance
- and reappear even after removing the symlink to the service dir.

Best Regards,
Lehel