:: Re: [DNG] init scripts
Top Pagina
Auteur: Martin Steigerwald
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] init scripts
karl@??? - 01.08.23, 20:36:05 CEST:
> > I just don't understand why it should take hundreds of
> > lines of shellscript to run a simple command.
>
> For busybox I just use a handwritten /etc/rcS to do everything,
> about 112 lines on my personal box, makes life very simple tough
> not automatic.

Some init scripts of SysVInit in Debian use a wrapper that can lead to init
scripts as simple as:

% cat /etc/init.d/fio
#!/bin/sh
# kFreeBSD do not accept scripts as interpreters, using #!/bin/sh and sourcing.
if [ true != "$INIT_D_SCRIPT_SOURCED" ] ; then
    set "$0" "$@"; INIT_D_SCRIPT_SOURCED=true . /lib/init/init-d-script
fi
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:          fio
# Required-Start:    $syslog
# Required-Stop:     $syslog
# Default-Start:     2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop:      0 1 6
# Short-Description: Flexible I/O Tester as service
#                    to it
### END INIT INFO

# Author: Martin Steigerwald […]

DESC="Flexible I/O Tester as service"
DAEMON=/usr/bin/fio
DAEMON_ARGS='--server --daemonize /run/fio.pid'
PIDFILE='/run/fio.pid'

Best,
--
Martin