:: Re: [DNG] init scripts
Góra strony
Autor: Manfred Wassmann
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] init scripts
On Tue, Aug 1, 2023 at 2:13 PM Antony Stone <
Antony.Stone@???> wrote:

> I'm aware of the init system selection option when _installing_ Devuan
> [...]
>
> I'm aware of the following init system options: systemd, sysvinit, s6,
> runit,
> openrc, upstart. I guess there are others.
>
> Is it possible to take a system running any one of these and convert it to
> any
> other? That sounds like rather too much to expect...

In short, yes it's possible but there is one caveat which I outlined in
[1]: once you remove the init-binary running as pid 1 it may be hard to
reboot. How hard depends on the init-system to be removed. As a rule of
thumb it will be the harder the more complicated (bloated) it is.

[1] https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20230728.154236.a5a569ff.en.html