:: [DNG] I offered to help
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: [DNG] I offered to help
Hi all,

I think perhaps a few of you might find this true story relevant
to my recent offer to be on a runit run script committee...

In the spring or summer of 1972 I heard that the US had invaded
Cambodia, and went out to find a protest. I biked over to Mundelein
College, where there was a 300 person meeting about what to do about
the invasion. I raised my hand and suggested a few of us leave right
now and put "Stop the war now!" signs in as many storefronts as would
let us.

The meeting leader dismissed my suggestion, and several voiced
objections to my suggestion. The discussion moved on. Three minutes
later a woman came up to me and said "I'll go with you."

She and I went to a print shop and got 30 signs printed, then went into
every storefront on Devon Avenue between Sheridan and Clark. At each
store we spoke to the owner or manager explaining why the war was bad
for business and bad for our country, and most listened carefully to
what we said.

About 3 hours after we left the meeting, half the storefronts on Devon
between Sheridan and Clark sported "Stop the war now!" signs in their
windows, and at Mundelein College they were probably still bikeshedding
about what date to hold their next meeting. I draw that bikeshedding
conclusion because there were absolutely no antiwar events in that
neighborhood for a couple months.

So by all means, construct a Devuan developed init system, construct a
Devuan developed unit to init script converter. I promise I won't
interfere. But please do me these favors:

* Please tell me the URL of the list of already created runit scripts
in the runit-scripts package.

* Please tell me where to find the list of runit run scripts that have
been requested but not yet created.

* Please tell me who is in charge of the runit-scripts package and how
to contact him/her.

* Please tell me who are the current testers of runit run scripts?

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt