:: Re: [DNG] New goodies from systemd
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: tito
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] New goodies from systemd
On Sat, 29 Jul 2023 19:28:33 -0400
Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:

> tito via Dng said on Sun, 30 Jul 2023 00:22:02 +0200
>

> >3) last solution would be to develop a devuan in house KISS init
> >system,
>
> There's nothing more KISS than runit and s6.

But as you stated previously they have problems with daemons
that cannot run in foreground.

> >    but this is like opening a can of worms because I don't think
> > devuan developers could easily agree about a standard and probably
> > lack the manpower to do it

> True. But runit and s6 are already ready to use.

Yes, but they are not widely adopted for whatever
reason.....I see the first worms coming out of the can.
There is also openrc.......more worms.