:: Re: [DNG] New goodies from systemd
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Olaf Meeuwissen
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Steve Litt
Υ/ο: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] New goodies from systemd
Hi Steve, Lorenzo, list,

Steve Litt <slitt@???> writes:

> tito via Dng said on Sun, 30 Jul 2023 00:22:02 +0200
>
>>I was looking
>>really for a way to make the development of devuan viable when all
>>init scripts are stripped from debian packages.
>
> From my perspective, achieving the preceding goal is quite doable if we
> view "init scripts" from a different perspective.
>
> I suggest we form a runit script committee and a sysvinit script
> committee, each of which oversees a package of **all** init scripts.

Instead of forming committees, why not contribute to the runit-services
and orphan-sysvinit-scripts packages? And contact the s6 and openrc
maintainer to check how they would like to go about this ... add to the
existing packages or put things in a separate package.

Just a thought.
--
Olaf Meeuwissen