:: Re: [DNG] Automate devuan install o…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: B Stack
A: wirelessduck
CC: Dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Automate devuan install on VMware vsphere
Tom,

I suspect the failure of the completed-installation VM to reboot is a
problem with the Debian-style vm within libvirt. I suspect libvirt
being a RH-based project doesn't do as much QA with debian-based
guests. I haven't actually tested this with a proper Debian guest
because if I am going to use systemd, I might as well use the parts
from RH I enjoy (selinux). So I suggest that if you omit the
"--noautoconsole" parameter, which will return to the prompt when the
guest [shuts down], you can then just run `sudo virsh start testhost`
as the next command.

It's not perfect. Also it's been intermittent for me; sometimes it
appears that a new guest will reboot, and sometimes it will just shut
down. I wonder if nuances of how the netinstall iso is built affects
it, or maybe temperament of libvirt on my host (CentOS 7).

B.