:: [DNG] Multi-monitor Wayland (was Re…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Olaf Meeuwissen
A: o1bigtenor
Cc: dng
Temas antiguos: Re: [DNG] bookworm without systemd
Asunto: [DNG] Multi-monitor Wayland (was Re: bookworm without systemd)
Hi,

o1bigtenor via Dng <dng@???> writes:

> Hmmmmmmmmmmm - - - - out of curiosity I went a looking. Seems like
> wayland still doesn't play nice with multi-monitor setups.

Using sway (started from a console login) under Wayland on a two monitor
setup without noticeable issues. Both monitors are identical. Also run
the same on a laptop and plugging in a differently sized external
monitor cleanly starts a new virtual desktop there. Unplugging it moves
the virtual desktop to the laptops LCD. I believe you can move virtual
desktops between monitors but don't recall details.

FTR, I also have xwayland installed for the few tools I use that don't
have Wayland support yet.

> At least I could NOT find anything that even seemed to suggest that
> wayland is usable in a multi-monitor setup.
> Finding more than a few notes of people complaining that its not
> working or having goofy kinds of issues though.

My setups run under Daedalus but I should mention that I get by with a
rather limited set of tools in my day-to-day computing.

> [...]
> (Presently running some 5 monitors with some north of 30 virtual
> desktops and I very much find this system
> very very useful!!!)

I don't recall if there is an upper limit on the number of virtual
desktops but I have used up to 10 on a single display.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen