:: Re: [DNG] bookworm without systemd
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Martin Steigerwald
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] bookworm without systemd
jeremy ardley via Dng - 23.07.23, 07:46:34 CEST:
> On 23/7/23 12:55, Jonathan Drews via Dng wrote:
> > Oh another thing. Configuring static IP adresses in systemd linux
> > distros was difficult
>
> There are at least three different ways to configure networking in
> systemd linuxes.
>
> * NetworkManager.service

[…]
> The default in many linuxes is NetworkManager, which is buggy and
> difficult to use but officially loved.

I use Network Manager in Devuan Daedalus and Ceres and also used it in
earlier Devuan versions. It definitely still works without Systemd.

Back then as it was introduced in Debian it is was a back-and-forth. I
installed it, it had a bug, on reporting it I did not get much help, I
removed it. I bet I had about half a dozen of such cycles.

Meanwhile for me it works. I can't remember the last clear bug I had
with it.

I would never use it on any server though.

Not sure whether Intel connection manager, connman, would be any better?
Any experiences?

--
Martin