:: Re: [DNG] bookworm without systemd
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Jonathan Drews
À: Devuan
Sujet: Re: [DNG] bookworm without systemd

On Sat, Jul 22, 2023, at 19:47, altoid via Dng wrote:

> " ... the right question is "why use Devuan"? Since in general, if
> all things are equal, it's usually better to use an upstream distro
> rather than a derivative."

OK, I'll bite.

The upstream distros (Kubuntu, Mint) with systemd boot slower than Devuan. The
upstream distros with systemd couldn't do scanning. The upstream distors disabled Softmaker Office. It works great in Devuan. I use my Devuan computer to organize and run my business.
When you have a business to run, it's vital that your computer can scan and store invoices, print envelopes and packing lists. I have zero time to reconfigure things on a daily basis, which is what went on with the systemd Linux distros.
Systemd is a needless complication.