:: Re: [DNG] request for advice
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: capercally.bleery670
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] request for advice
On Tue, Jul 18, 2023 at 08:54:17AM -0400, tempforever wrote:

> I believe there are a variety of programs that may modify this file.

[/etc/resolv.conf]

An understatement :)

Which is why systemd extended its claws and tried to "help". Now you
have to check not only the contents, but also if it is a symlink to a
systemd managed file under /run (and there are multiple possibilities
for that).

TBH, this is one area in which the pre systemd status sucks. It would
have been better had we agreed on a small DNS caching resolver like
dnsmasq to run on *every* system and defaulted the libc to always
consult 127.0.0.1#53.

--
Ian