:: Re: [DNG] request for advice
Pàgina inicial
Autor: o1bigtenor
CC: Devuan ML
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] request for advice
On Mon, Jul 17, 2023 at 4:20 PM Curtis Maurand <curtis@???> wrote:

> Kill -HUP processed
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> > On Jul 17, 2023, at 4:31 PM, Simon <linux@???> wrote:
> >
> > o1bigtenor via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
> >
> >> Please - - - can someone tell me how to restart this part of the system without
> >> having to restart the whole box?
> >>
> >> (Thread veered off in a number of directions after this email. Would
> >> still really
> >> like to know - - - I'm in thunderstorm season for at least another 8 weeks so
> >> the likelihood of needing the information is - - - to me - - - quite real.)
> >
> > A quick search came up with https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/8160/how-to-clear-dns-cache-on-dd-wrt
> > The bit that seems appropriate for your needs would be :
> > Since there are no init scripts on DD-WRT, I guess this would be the easiest way to restart dnsmasq:
> >
> >> • Kill dnsmasq:
> >> root@ddwrt6:~# killall dnsmasq
> >>
> >> • Start dnsmasq:
> >> root@ddwrt6:~# dnsmasq --conf-file=/tmp/dnsmasq.conf
> >

> > Or there’s this page https://www.freesoftwareservers.com/display/FREES/Restart+DNSMasq+DD-WRT+Command+Line
> >> killall dnsmasq
> >> dnsmasq --conf-file=/tmp/dnsmasq.conf

Hmmmmmmm - - - that would work well if the issue were on the router -
- - except it wasn't.

It was my main system where I could not connect through.
I could connect to the router, I could ping the router, the radio
(past the router and I could
ping 8.8.8.8 but I could NOT ping mz googly.
I could also not use the browsers on my system - - - they would hang
with an address unavailable.

(That's what was so frustrating about this - - - - the wife could use
her stupid phone to connect
out, I could not use my main system. Would really like to find out
what I would have to do a 'restart'
on to have gotten things running.)

TIA