:: Re: [DNG] Testing Daedalus Installe…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Gregory Nowak
A: Gregory Nowak via Dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Testing Daedalus Installer ISO
On Mon, Jul 10, 2023 at 02:16:56PM -0700, Gregory Nowak via Dng wrote:
> Got it. I tried options 5-7 so far with both down arrow, as well by
> pressing number enter, and software speech comes up on all as
> expected. I haven't yet had the chance to try option 8, or to try
> doing a full install.

I've tried options 5-8, and a full install with mate and xfce on
VirtualBox, and a full install with mate on physical hardware. All
works as expected, including braille display support.

> This change will need to be documented in either
> a README file, or in the Daedalus release notes. Here's the text I
> propose:
>
> The boot menu for the devuan Daedalus installer has changed from
> previous versions. The new menu consists of eight choices, which can
> be accessed by pressing down arrow, or by typing the number of the
> desired option, and pressing enter on a system with legacy BIOS.

I haven't been able to test how this works under UEFI in
VirtualBox. Either the ISO doesn't boot under VirtualBox's UEFI
implementation, or the procedure described above works differently in
some way under UEFI than it does under legacy BIOS. If the above
description works the same way under UEFI, then the text above could
be appended to say "system with legacy BIOS and UEFI." If this works in
a different way under UEFI, then someone with a UEFI system will need
to describe the steps to get options 5-8 going on a UEFI system.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1