:: Re: [DNG] [OT] Help on change (spli…
Página Inicial
Autor: Simon Hobson
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] [OT] Help on change (split) partitions of an md raid
tito via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

>the only thing I would like to add to that is that with a linux md raid array well prepared you can take the whole pile of disks,
>move them to another box and be 100% sure that it will boot and work, that feature for me is worth gold and unthinkable
>for example in a windoze world.

Indeed, and you can move stuff around - e.g. move drives to a different controller if you're shuffling things about to add another drive. I imagine HW raid controllers have improved since, but I've worked with several that barfed if you moved any drive.
OK, md has limitations, but it's by far the best of the options I have experience with.

Simon