:: Re: [DNG] [OT] Help on change (spli…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Hendrik Boom
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] [OT] Help on change (split) partitions of an md raid
On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 09:26:05PM +0200, tito via Dng wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the only thing I would like to add to that is that with a linux md raid array well prepared you can take the whole pile of disks,
> move them to another box and be 100% sure that it will boot and work, that feature for me is worth gold and unthinkable
> for example in a windoze world.

Well ... there might be issues if you're moving from an intel CPU to a RISC-V CPU. But except for the binary executables, the data should still work.

I did that about a year ago. No problems except for a flaky SATA cable on the new machine. (but both were AMD-64 architeture, so no CPU incompatibility issues).

-- hendrik