:: Re: [DNG] OT: MicroSD [Was: Testing…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Tomasz Torcz
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] OT: MicroSD [Was: Testing Daedalus Installer ISO]
On Sun, Jul 09, 2023 at 09:59:40AM -0700, capercally.bleery670@??? wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 09, 2023 at 08:00:05AM +0100, Manfred Wassmann via Dng wrote:
>
> > > On Sat, Jul 08, 2023 at 05:36:47PM +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > >
> > > My new-ish laptop has one but I can't figure out how to use it: to be
> > > detected, the card has to be pushed all the way in, and then I struggle
> > > horribly to pull it out.
>
> > Is it possibly one of those spring loaded slots where you have to
> > push in the card again to have it pop out?
>
> Even if that were true, there would not be enough of the card sticking
> out to push. Sad.

Maybe use some tool to push? Fingernail ought to be sufficient, but
you can always get some pen, or plastic spatula. Like this guy at
around 00:24
https://youtu.be/12J2vaB0ysU?t=22

> After I had written this last night, I thought of a workaround: attach
> a small piece of electrical tape to the end of the card and pull it out
> by that.

You can't be serious.

--
Tomasz Torcz                “Funeral in the morning, IDE hacking
tomek@???         in the afternoon and evening.” - Alan Cox