:: Re: [DNG] [OT] Help on ssd/hdd mixe…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Olaf Meeuwissen
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Steve Litt
Υ/ο: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] [OT] Help on ssd/hdd mixed system... --> bind mounts?

Steve Litt <slitt@???> writes:

> al3xu5 via Dng said on Fri, 30 Jun 2023 09:00:07 +0200
>
>>Just another point: how to keep it after a reboot?
>>Should I put the bind mount in fstab?
>
> I don't know. Nothing in the 6 fields of /etc/fstab dictate order of
> mounting (field 6 dictates order of *checking*). I don't know if
> /etc/fstab is guaranteed to be done in order: If so put the bind mounts
> after the other mounts.

Citing from `man fstab`

The order of records in fstab is important because fsck(8), mount(8),
and umount(8) sequentially iterate through fstab doing their thing.

and `man mount`

The command

          mount -a [-t type] [-O optlist]

(usually given in a bootscript) causes all filesystems mentioned in
fstab ([...]) to be mounted as indicated, except for those whose line
contains the noauto keyword.

This makes me believe that lines are guaranteed to be done in order but
I admit there is still a bit of ambiguity.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen