:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2023-06-…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: David (Plasma) Paul
A: devuan developers internal list
Assumpte: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2023-06-29
# Devuan meet 2023-06-29 @20:30 UTC

Present: fsmithred, golinux, plasma41, setto, hendrik, (late: mason)

Apologies:
  - adam: due to memorial for passing of colleague & friend this past
    week, i'll not be at dev meeting this evening. it's been a rough
    fortnight.

## Old Business

## Old Actions

## New Business

### bai4Iej2need
- not possible to file a bug against an iso
see this please
https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?pid=42163#p42163
https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?pid=42539#p42539
  - (plasma41) Devuan's list of pseudo-packages which non-package bugs
    can be filed against is available
    [here](https://bugs.devuan.org/pseudo-packages.html).
    This looks like it would be most appropriate to file as a bug
    against the devuan-installer pseudo-package.

### golinux
- **Attention** Xenguy . . . Regarding this broken link:
  https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/list/devuan-announce.en.html
  It resides here now:
  https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/mindex/devuan-announce@20190101.060000.00000000.en.html
  Xenguy. . . can you please search www and replace wherever/if
  it appears. Thanks.
  - (Xenguy) I don't see any instances of string 'lurker' on any HTML
    page on the web site; therefore it seems there is nothing to
    search/replace.
    - (edit) I just figured out that if you click on
      "View Newest Messages", the latest entries open up but it took me
      days to figure that out. I think a direct link would be better.
      What say you?
      - (Xenguy) See my comment above.
        - Thanks for checking. I have emailed jaromil and alv to request
          the links on the list of dyne.org open discussions be changed.
          I think that is the source of the problem.
    - (plasma41) It should be noted that *this is a separate issue* from
      the fact that the mailing list links contained on
      https://www.devuan.org/os/community, when navigated to, contain
      archive links pointing to non-existent archives at the
      mailinglists.dyne.org/pipermail domain.
      - (Xenguy) True plasma41, this came up previously, and would
        require someone with access to those pages to make the
        appropriate edits.  I'm not sure who that person(s) might be,
        alas. I am operating under the assumption that the pages we do
        link to, are still the correct pages for people to use who want
        to subscribe to our various mailing lists.
        - (plasma41) Yes, afaik subscriptions still work as intended.
  - (plasma41) To my knowledge, there is currently no link to any
    lists.dyne.org/lurker/FOO URL on the website, the lurker instance
    should be fixed such that the
    https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/list/devuan-announce.en.html link
    properly displays all of the mails. This would requiring getting
    ahold of the admin for the dyne lurker instance.
  - (fsr) Attention Xenguy - you can't find it because it's not on a
    page that you can edit. Not your problem.
    - (gl) I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a funky link pointing
      to it on www

- @Xenguy - The nav bar and footer background color on:
    - https://popcon.devuan.org/
    - https://bugs.devuan.org/
    - https://pkginfo.devuan.org/
  will need to be changed from #1D4A69 to #00509F in their respective
  css files for Daedalus. www is already done. :)
  - (Xenguy) The relevant CSS files for each of the above 3 items each
    contain 3 entries containing the value '#1D4A69'.  I am assuming
    that all these instances need to be updated to '#00509F'.
    If so, can do  : -)
    - (gl) thanks!
      - (Xenguy) Done now.
        - (gl) Looks good!

- https://git.devuan.org/devuan/documentation/pulls/6 seems to have
  fallen through the cracks of space and time. Can someone please
  rewrite that suggested README revision into markdown as per my
  suggestion at #6 before the Daedalus releasee? Thanks.
  - (plasma41) I've split your proposal out into issue #8 and am now
    working on that. I have merged #6 and #7.
    - (gl) Where the heck did this corporate worthy description come
      from?
        - "Elements of the Devuan identity: graphics, sounds, etc. for
          use with Web presence, user interfaces, presentations, videos,
          and other promotional materials." There are no sounds or
          videos afaik. Only graphics
          - /me barfs
      - (plasma41) From hellekin in the old artwork repo prior to that
        repo getting merged into documentation. See
        [here](https://git.devuan.org/devuan/documentation/commit/808e18904697b34e6689a6facb6490b2a077d60b)
        - (gl) It is waaaay OTT.
          He was a proliferator not a minimalist. ;)

### Xenguy
- **Question for rrq**: I've been meaning to ask you about your
migration script, and whether it is updated for Daedalus?

## New Actions