:: Re: [DNG] odd ssh dropouts
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: capercally.bleery670
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] odd ssh dropouts
On Thu, Jun 29, 2023 at 07:15:03PM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> > Yes. Same computer, same user ID, same wifi modem, same,
>
> What seems to be different is the use of ssh.
>
> Except that sshfs stayed up.

> Zoom and jitsi video still work without pauses, even when ssh has
> one of its shutdowns.

I feel strongly that this is not a general networking problem,
but specific to the ssh protocol. Had you replied that, for example,
the user ID was different, I would've zeroed on the .ssh/config
and/or /etc/ssh/ssh_config files. But as it is I have little clue.

In any case, the error message is consistent with the server
closing the connection for reasons of policy or configuration,
there's no need yet to suspect physics.

How about /var/log/auth.log on the server? If you're mostly
safe from intruders, you could also increase its verbosity.

And then there's tcpdump / wireshark. That would almost definitely
tell us what's going on, if only we can figure out how to use it :P

--
Ian