:: Re: [DNG] Debian: RH next target?
Página Inicial
Autor: Joel Roth
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Debian: RH next target?
On Wed, Jun 28, 2023 at 12:17:12PM +0200, al3xu5 via Dng wrote:
> Wed, 28 Jun 2023 09:39:00 +0300 - Lars Noodén via Dng <dng@???>:
>
> > Think how work flows could change if there were a universal file format
> > for productivity software¹ which was independent of any one vendor,
> > agency, or project.
> >
> > /Lars
> >
> > ¹ ISO/IEC 26300: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/office/
>
> Some "old" links to remember the ODS vs OOXML "war":
>
> Why OpenDocument Won (and Microsoft Office Open XML Didn’t)
> https://dwheeler.com/essays/why-opendocument-won.html
>
> There are two official document standards - why? - Office Watch
> https://office-watch.com/2021/now-we-have-two-official-xml-document-standards/
>
> OpenDocument vs. Office Open XML
> https://www.baselinemag.com/project-management/OpenDocument-vs-Office-Open-XML/

There will always be proprietary stuff at the bleeding
edge, but those of us at the far end find the older
MS formats to be fine for exchanging documents and spreadsheets
with previous generations of windows users.

I believe that libreoffice/openoffice has an advantage in being
able to read/write far more Microsoft formats (except maybe
powerpoint) than the current office suite.

joel

--
Joel Roth