:: Re: [DNG] Debian: RH next target?
Top Pagina
Auteur: al3xu5
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Debian: RH next target?
Wed, 28 Jun 2023 09:39:00 +0300 - Lars Noodén via Dng <dng@???>:

> Think how work flows could change if there were a universal file format
> for productivity software¹ which was independent of any one vendor,
> agency, or project.
>
> /Lars
>
> ¹ ISO/IEC 26300: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/office/

Problem here is that such formats should be "real" standards... But often
in fact they are not. For example, we have two different iso/iec approved
standards for documents:

OpenXML ISO/IEC 29500 <https://www.iso.org/standard/71691.html>

ODS ISO/IEC 26300 <https://www.iso.org/standard/66363.html>

More, standards admit formats can be "extended": each "developer" can add
its extensions.

Just think of the problems in converting docx documents to odt...

And so, goodbye standardization...

Some "old" links to remember the ODS vs OOXML "war":

Why OpenDocument Won (and Microsoft Office Open XML Didn’t)
https://dwheeler.com/essays/why-opendocument-won.html

There are two official document standards - why? - Office Watch
https://office-watch.com/2021/now-we-have-two-official-xml-document-standards/

OpenDocument vs. Office Open XML
https://www.baselinemag.com/project-management/OpenDocument-vs-Office-Open-XML/

Regards
al3xu5

--
Property is theft! (P-J Proudhon) ...today more than ever.

Public GPG/PGP key: 8FC2 3121 2803 86E9 F7D8 B624 DA50 835B 2624 A36B