:: Re: [DNG] Request for assistance wi…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: o1bigtenor
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Request for assistance with my graphics
On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 10:34 PM <capercally.bleery670@???> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 05:39:25AM -0500, o1bigtenor via Dng wrote:
>
> > Openbox is, imo anyway, also past its sell by date.
>
> I am biased because I contributed to it, but I think openbox is still
> the best wm for people who actually *like* moving, resizing and
> restacking windows. But but, those days are over for me. Really over.
>
> Today, I run pretty much anything that matters maximized, if needed
> side-by-side. I work like this both in whatever Linux environment I end
> up with (can be Gnome, the Ubuntu variant of it, or xfce) and on my Mac.

I tried Gnome a couple times - - - - somehow it just didn't fit my work
habits or style. So I used KDE from way back when. Didn't like all the
stuff that got packed with so when other options showed up - - - well
I'm using them. There are some KDE application that I like and use regularly.
Ditto from the gtk world.

> All these support this style of work to some degree, and in each case
> multiple desktops are essential -- of course, how else you switch
> among the maximized apps? And so I'm puzzled (and frightened) by the
> following:
>
> > Find it fascinating though that the development community seems to
> > think that virtual desktops are deprecated. I find them a great tool
> > for managing my work in all of its directions.
>
> So how does the "community" propose to "change my habits" this time?
> Corral me back to the land of overlap? Impossible. Over my dead body.

Well - - - that was a bit of overstatement. What is real is that you can have
20 virtual desktops - - - - thou shalt never use or need any more than that.
One dev indicated that he didn't see even that many could ever be
useful - - - - I wonder if he wasn't even still working from a 19" LCD monitor.

I can remember when excel 1.0 was released - - - - I really wanted it because
the promise was that you could do multi-dimensional analysis - - - they had
added sheets - - - but it really wasn't possible to truly set up data
3 dimensionally.
Now when you want to look at stuff in even more dimensions - - - - well - - - I
found a way but my calculus isn't up to it -- - - grin - - - so more
to learn!!!

I've been pushing limits on my software for a long time. I don't start out to
do that - - - I just find myself finding limits - - - - its frustrating!!!!

Regards