:: Re: [DNG] [rrq@mail.rrq.id.au: Re: …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Adam Sampson
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] [rrq@mail.rrq.id.au: Re: Devuan armhf / armel for my Samsung / Google Chromebook model XE303C12 "Snow" ?]
Didier Kryn <kryn@???> writes:

>> # chroot /mnt /bin/bash
>
> Maybe I'm going crazy but this is absolutely impossible. You must not
> only enter the new filesystem, you must also change the cpu. You need
> qemu for this, certainly not a bare chroot.

It's not impossible, but it does require some setup first. There's a
userspace-only version of qemu that translates target-machine system
calls into native system calls, and you can set up Linux's support for
custom binary formats so qemu-user gets invoked automatically when you
try to run a non-native executable. The emulation's not as good as
qemu's full-machine emulation (in particular, it tends to have limited
support for recently-added system calls), but it usually works well
enough for bootstrapping.

The Debian wiki has some notes on how to set it up:
https://wiki.debian.org/QemuUserEmulation

--
Adam Sampson <ats@???>                         <http://offog.org/>