:: Re: [DNG] [rrq@mail.rrq.id.au: Re: …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ralph Ronnquist
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] [rrq@mail.rrq.id.au: Re: Devuan armhf / armel for my Samsung / Google Chromebook model XE303C12 "Snow" ?]
On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 03:57:15PM +0200, Mario Marietto wrote:
> I've got an idea to perform the first and the second debootstrap stages on
> my X64 pc. What I need to know is where I can find the packages for the
> armhf architecture. Basically I did the first part of the bootstrap on my
> X64 PC with the following command :
>
> debootstrap --foreign --arch armhf chimaera /mnt
> http://deb.devuan.org/merged/ chimaera
>
> and now I should perform the 2 stage directly on the arm board,but I can't
> install an OS on that board,so,AFAIK the only method that I have is to
> install some basic packages necessary to get the other ones. For sure the
> most important package is apt. Below there is the version of amd64 :
>
> http://deb.devuan.org/merged/pool/DEVUAN/main/a/apt/apt_2.6.1devuan1_amd64.deb
>
> but I need the corrispective package for armh. After having installed apt
> and every dependency using the pre-installed dpkg package,I will try to get
> the other packages by playing a little bit with the web paths. Thanks.

If you set up your host for multi-arch, say, armhf then "apt-get
update" will bring in the Packages files for armhf, and in fact you
can accomplish the two stages with the single command:

# debootstrap --arch armhf chimaera /mnt http://deb.devuan.org/merged

That command will set up a chimaera filesystem under /mnt using armhf
software, and then it will chroot into that and perform the stage 2
within that filesystem (using armhf emulation). You may then later use
the same:

# chroot /mnt /bin/bash

to enter that filesystem and continue adding packages etc; debootstrap
will have set up /etc/apt/sources.list within that filesystem and you
might edit that as per normal. There would also be a kernel meta
package named linux-kernel-armhf to install which will prepare an
initrd etc in /boot as per normal. Later you will also need to have
the appropriate dtb file (device tree blob) for you actual target
hardware in order to run that kernel there. Many arm systems also has
a different (uboot-based) boot system that may require a boot image to
be prepared separate from the root filesystem.

Ralph.