:: Re: [DNG] Devuan armhf / armel for …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Didier Kryn
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Devuan armhf / armel for my Samsung / Google Chromebook model XE303C12 "Snow" ?
Le 21/06/2023 à 13:55, Mario Marietto a écrit :
> ---> The principle is that the executable downlaoded by the first
> stage of debootstrap is not executable by the x86, but by the armhf.
>
> it does not work like this if qemu-debootstrap is used. I've posted
> two tutorials that show that it works like this. Even me,after the
> first stage of the bootstrapping,I configure the rest of the os
> (armhf) directly on my PC x64 bit. There is even no need for a second
> stage. What I don't understand is why the chimaera version removed
> qemu-debootstrap and it forces users to have an arm board to finish
> the setup. It does not even try to run debootstrap. On the screen I
> see that the executable bootstrap is executed,instead. But,on the
> previous version of devuan,called beowulf it works exactly like I have
> explained. It does the first stage and the second stage on the X64 pc
> running the command qemu-debootstrap and not the command bootstrap.

    Sorry, I didn't read your tutorials. Here is the intention of
quemu: emulate the instruction set of a foreign architecture. This means
you must install an armhf kernel under your qemu virtual machine; and
this virtual machine will then execute the binaries downladed by
debootstrap's first stage. I doubt you can do anything without an armhf
kernel. Because what debootstrap --second stage does is run dpkg on the
target arch, to install the downloaded packages and then apt-get install
a minimal OS. And all this is made by executabes meant to be run by an
armhf cpu, obviously.

    Couls you remind us why you don't install a ready-made armhf image?

--     Didier