:: Re: [DNG] Request for assistance wi…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: o1bigtenor
CC: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Request for assistance with my graphics
On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 12:40 AM Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:

> Syeed Ali said on Sat, 17 Jun 2023 14:12:50 -0700
>
> >On Fri, 16 Jun 2023 16:16:17 -0500
> >o1bigtenor via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
> >
> >> I started this odyssey looking in lxqt which is what I use for a
> >> display manager (and a few other bits too). The dev there was
> >> actually incensed that I would even think of using the number of
> >> virtual desktops that I am presently running - - - - said he
> >> absolutely could not see any need for it.
> >
> >640k^w 20 desktops ought to be enough for anybody.
>
> GoLUG's Kevin Korb uses twenty something desktops in a 2 dimensional
> array on fvwm.

Interesting information - - - thanks Steve.

Went a looking - - - - fvwm seems to be sorta dying standing up - - - activity
on their connections is sorta sparse and like maybe monthly.
The idea of a 20 desktops in a 2 dimensional array is interesting but
I'm wondering
if that's more on one large monitor. - - - - I've got lots of monitor
real estate - - - and
I flog it - - - I've got some 9 open 'windows' on this desktop - - - -
I know I've had
more when I'm working on my design stuff - - - think I've had more than 20 too
- - but that's on 'one' virtual desktop - - - and I use LOTS of those.

Thanks for the idea - - - I willing to look at anything that looks
like its not designed
using the Procrustean method (you remember the Greek mythological innkeeper
- - - everyone fit his bed - - - if you were too long you got trimmed,
if you were too
short - - - you got stretched! - - - Canuckistani banking institutions and our
gooberments love this technique!!! - - - (don't think they're the only
ones either!).)

Regards